The Pelham Historical Society Museum and Historical Complex are located on top of Pelham hill at the intersections of Amherst Road and Daniel Shays Highway (RT 202). The museum will be open to the public on Sunday afternoons 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM from June 12th through September 25th. The Historical Complex grounds are opened year round from dawn to dusk.
This year, the museum will open with a new overarching exhibit exploring the history of “a tract of land commonly called New Lisborn” that in 1743 became “a township by the name of Pelham.” The exhibit will feature a family-learning area and solicit input from visitors for future special exhibits. Please visit!
376 Amherst Road
Pelham, MA 01002
The Pelham Historical Society of Pelham MA
Historical Society Museum To Do List
2017 Please feel free to donate your time and an item below. Please, NO donations without us talking to you first. Thank You!
- 1. Bruce will contact Rick Adamcek regarding removing our pile of trash; Bruce will try to dispose of the TV/TV stand as well prior to our museum opening.
- 2. Linda is cleaning the supplies that seemed saveable; Bruce will buy tall sealed container(s) for cleaning supplies and for paper supplies so that we don't encounter more rodent fun.
- 3. Blair was going to bring his vacuum to the Museum to vacuum the closets we cleaned out and was going to leave his vacuum there as a temporary solution while we consider buying a vacuum for the Museum.
- 4. Blair was going to schedule the fellow we used last year to clean the Museum again; Blair - please check with Sheila regarding whether we should wait to have him clean until the week before the Museum opens.
- 5. Linda was contacting the furniture store in South Amherst (and Kerry Klouse) regarding our pieces of furniture in Howard's truck/trailer.
- 6. Research needs to be done on how to clean up the old baseball mitts and related that have mold (Sheila may have a contact with info on this).
- 7. Bruce is going to ask Rob Dane about stove.
- 8. Linda/Cynthia are going to ask Barbara Jenkins about the display panels.
- 9. Mikey is working on deaccessioning- related issues with a goal of completing by July 15.
- 10. Bruce is cataloguing/labelling the boxes which are now in the museum stage area.
- 11. Cynthia will get books from History Room/Library for Sheila for exhibit (same books used last year).
- 12. Mikey is meeting with Sheila at Library History Room to review Daniel Shays materials likely Wed at 6:30 pm; Cynthia/Karl will try to bring copy for Sheila of material from Shays relative that Sheila reviewed and selected.
- Build Gift Shop
- Exhibits to work on (in no particular order)
- Ballet boxes
- Make frame to hold certificate, info, and a photo
- Reprint Certificate
- Compose fact sheet about bell
- Select and print picture of bell
- Describe bell parts etc as installed.
- Restore Post-Card Exhibit board
- storage area:
- set shelving
- Re index locations of objects
- Inside Door Mat.
- Three Wooden door stops (2 front doors and 1 ramp exit door)